Monday, March 17, 2014 by Lee Mannering
For those U.S.-based PMA members interested in selling their products to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, a Webinar slated for later this week will provide tips and tactics on how to interact with the agency.
On Thursday, March 20 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern, USDA’s Agricultural Marketing Service will present “How to Sell Domestic Foods to the USDA.” Each year, AMS buys nearly $2 billion and 2 billion pounds of frozen, processed, and fresh fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry, fish, and eggs to help feed millions of school children and to provide supplies to food banks, disaster areas, and others in need.
Sara Hernandez and Dianna Price of the AMS Commodity Procurement Staff will:
- introduce you to USDA purchasing activities and “USDA Foods,”
- discuss the types of products USDA buys,
- explain the solicitation and award process,
- outline the requirements for selling to USDA, and
- give you the tools and resources you’ll need to explore doing business with the USDA.
Following the presentation, the Webinar will conclude with an interactive question and answer session. You can submit questions prior to the webinar to firstname.lastname@example.org. This informative webinar is designed for growers, producers, processors and distributors of all sizes.
Since the webinar is free, registration is required and space is limited. Visit the USDA website to register today.