Tuesday, November 26, 2013 by Lee Mannering
A couple of weeks ago, the U.S. Department of Agriculture Agricultural Marketing Service hosted a free Webinar focused on Good Agricultural Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices. Next week, AMS continues its industry outreach efforts with another learning opportunity based on the most common question received via the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA) customer service line: “Interpreting USDA Fruit & Vegetable Inspections: Does the Shipment Make Good Delivery?”
On December 5 from 2:00-3:00 p.m. Eastern, Jacob Garcia, PACA Marketing Specialist, will discuss:
- The sections found on a USDA inspection certificate.
- When you should call for an inspection.
- What type of inspection you should request.
- The difference between quality and condition defects.
- The questions will PACA ask you, when calling the customer service line.
- Your responsibilities after receiving an inspection certificate.
- Examples on how to interpret an inspection.
The webinar will conclude with a question and answer session.
As with all of USDA’s Webinars, this session is free; however, registration is required and space is limited. You can register via the USDA website.